Hindsight is 20/20:
- Selecting Brazil and Spain to meet in the finals.
- Brazil's defense holding strong, allowing a tournament-low three goals.
- Uruguay's midfield being a liability. Forlan dropped back far too often to collect and distribute the ball.
- Mario Balotelli scoring a goal and receiving a card (though it was only a yellow).
- Spain holding the trophy at the end (Fair Play trophy doesn't count).
- Japan sneaking into the semi-finals. They could have done it, had Kagawa not missed a point-blank header.
- Italy having a strong defense. They leaked eight goals in five games, and Buffon looked past it.
- Brazil's strikers being a weakness. Fred has a nose for goal, scoring five, and Jo chipped in with a couple of his own.
- Neymar underwhelming. Yeah, I blew it on that one.